Sunday, April 26, 2015

I've been kind of stressed about art lately. I've been really confused about what makes "good art." I've been juggling several different books on different aspects of animation and doing a lot of different studies like these.





I'm working from a book that was recommended to me by a fiend called Rapid Vis. to help me better learn perspective and it has done me wonders. I have also been drawing a lot from action shows. These drawings were done from watching Power Rangers and Spider-man. Also, horses are really weird and I want to make sure I know how to draw those if ever the situation should arise. 

Doing all of these studies and reading and listening to lectures has put me in a really weird philosophical mindset lately and I have been stressing out a lot about what makes art "good." 

I needed something to distract me from all of these thoughts while still keeping me drawing. I decided to do a Pokemon meme on tumblr. People would send me numbers and I would answer the questions with a drawing. Here are some of the drawings I did. 


The drawings were all done very quickly, taking no longer than 30 minutes to finish. ( I also wanted to practice drawing as fast as I could.) These drawings helped take my mind off things for a bit. I have a lot more numbers in my inbox but I'm starting to feel better so,  I think I'm going to call it quits on Pokemon fan art for now. 

I've sort of reached a conclusion mentally, as far as art and styles go. Basically, you need to be able to change  your art style to reach different audiences and achieve different goals. Maybe I'll talk about it more later. 

As far as art in general goes I've just concluded that art is about having fun and if you're not having fun, you're probably not making art.

No comments:

Post a Comment